Mar 02, 2024  
2021-2022 Academic Catalog 
2021-2022 Academic Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Medical Withdrawal from the University

A student may request a Medical Withdrawal from the University for a serious physical or mental health condition. The student will begin the process with the University’s Counselor/ADA Coordinator. A student requesting a Medical Withdrawal will need to complete the Medical Withdrawal Form and provide a letter from a physical or mental health professional who has treated the student within the last 30 days on letterhead recommending the medical withdrawal. The letter must include the reason the student is requesting a medical withdrawal, including the diagnosis, the date of initial treatment and dates of subsequent treatment (if applicable). The Counselor, Dean of Students and the Provost will determine if the request meets the criteria for a Medical Withdrawal and if a Medical Withdrawal will be granted. A grade of “E” will be issued for all classes due to a Medical Withdrawal.

To be readmitted to the University, in addition to following the regular reapplication process, a student returning from a Medical Withdrawal must provide documentation from the physical or mental health professional clearing the student to resume studies.